Incompatible Gribs from youmeteo.com

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
Eulero

Incompatible Gribs from youmeteo.com

Post by Eulero » 01 Jun 2017 08:45

Hello!

I'm trying to use the gribs from this weather forecast website. https://www.youmeteo.com/grib-vela/ (in order to download you have to login with facebook... the button is on the right side)

It appears a window telling Can't open file. this is not a grib file... etc but it is! I can open it with other software.

Do you know how to fix it?

greeting from Roma!
Giu

jza
Site Admin

Re: Incompatible Gribs from youmeteo.com

Post by jza » 02 Jun 2017 11:20

Hi,
ZyGrib do not display data if a certified weather data center is not recognized. It's a choice.
Eulero wrote:in order to download you have to login with facebook...
Its a well begin... :roll:
It is not a bug.
Sorry, but there are too much corrupted data on internet. ZyGrib does not have the ambition to display everything that exists. There is enough known and reliable data available.
A+
Jacques

Eulero

Re: Incompatible Gribs from youmeteo.com

Post by Eulero » 02 Jun 2017 11:29

jza wrote:Hi,
ZyGrib do not display data if a certified weather data center is not recognized. It's a choice.
Eulero wrote:in order to download you have to login with facebook...
Its a well begin... :roll:
It is not a bug.
Sorry, but there are too much corrupted data on internet. ZyGrib does not have the ambition to display everything that exists. There is enough known and reliable data available.
Thank you for the answer...

What a pity... those Hrrr are the best forecast gribs I can get for the whole Italy... I mean... GFS models are super reliable just if you are in the middle of the tyrreniam, but when you a bit close su the land, they are terribly wrong (gfs doesn't read thermical winds, orography, convections, upwash, landuse and lot of other thing that really make the difference).
Is that any way to let the zygrib 'certify' the youmeteo Gribs?

thank you
Giu