Maps in Mac OS Sierra

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
Will

Maps in Mac OS Sierra

Post by Will » 11 Nov 2016 06:02

I have 2 issues with ZyGrib in Mac OSX Sierra
1. The download which includes the high resolution maps and the program (zyGrib_mac_withmaps2-8.0.1.dmg) does not work - although about 130MB is downloaded the file is listed as 20KB and will not open.
2 The basic program (zyGrib_mac-8.0.1.dmg) after downloading will run but show no maps. When I try to add maps : (zyGrib_maps2.4_mac.dmg) and copy them to the Maps folder and restart, all resolution maps are still greyed out.

Looking at the history of updates this also occurred when the OS was upgraded to Mavericks.

Mikl

Re: Maps in Mac OS Sierra

Post by Mikl » 18 Nov 2016 19:14

Hello,
I dowloded zygrib 8 with maps. At the first run there was no toolbar, no maps and no french interface.
In the terminal i lauched /path/to/zyGrib_mac-8.0.1/zyGrib.app/Contents/MacOS/zyGrib to see if there are error message.

No error message, but all works fine :-) Perhaps a path issue ?
With macos Sierra

zedodo

Post by zedodo » 29 Nov 2016 07:17

Same problem for me, impossible to display the map in the background.
Running mac os Sierra
Thanks
Nicolas

tp1gbw

Post by tp1gbw » 30 Dec 2016 19:29

I was able to see the maps on my Mac running Sierra 10.12.2 by moving zyGrib.app and the data folder into the hidden directory 'users/username/.zyGrib' created at some point by either the installation or my first Grib download. This directory also has a folder 'config' that has the 'zygrib.ini' file in it.

I created an alias to run the app from a hidden file for now, but will try moving them all to 'users/username/applications/zygrib' and editing the ini file at some point.

I would suggest that the developers consider including a menu item to set the directory for maps.

sailingbaydreamer

Post by sailingbaydreamer » 26 Feb 2017 07:17

I have the same problem in my Sierra! The charts nor the buttons shows! I tried the solution above but it did not work. Any ideas?