Downloading Meteoblue GRIBs for other EU regions?

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
joanna

Downloading Meteoblue GRIBs for other EU regions?

Post by joanna » 17 Dec 2014 11:38

Hello, I use zyGrib 6.1.4 (default in Fedora 20) and it seems like it only allows to download Meteoblue GRIBs for the predefined region of Switzerland. However, Meteoblue model does cover much bigger region, incl. the whole Europe:

https://content.meteoblue.com/en/resear ... del-domain

In fact I can successfully use their detailed air meteograms, skew/stueve and air cross sections for e.g. Central Europe through their website (via paid point+ service, which is cheap and recommended). Would be great if I could also download the output of their models in GRIB and use via zyGrib. What is the reason to limit the region size for Meteoblue GRIB download?

Thanks!
joanna.

DomH
Site Admin

Re: Downloading Meteoblue GRIBs for other EU regions?

Post by DomH » 28 Dec 2014 00:27

joanna wrote:Hello, I use zyGrib 6.1.4 (default in Fedora 20) and it seems like it only allows to download Meteoblue GRIBs for the predefined region of Switzerland. However, Meteoblue model does cover much bigger region, incl. the whole Europe:

https://content.meteoblue.com/en/resear ... del-domain

In fact I can successfully use their detailed air meteograms, skew/stueve and air cross sections for e.g. Central Europe through their website (via paid point+ service, which is cheap and recommended). Would be great if I could also download the output of their models in GRIB and use via zyGrib. What is the reason to limit the region size for Meteoblue GRIB download?

Thanks!
joanna.
Hi,
The data from Meteoblue available through zygrib for Switzerland are provided by a sailing association (acvl.ch).
That's the reason why no other data from this source can be read directly with zygrib.

For 2015, the service will continue, but I know there are some discussion to continue or not (based on the number of persons using these data.

If grib files are in a correct format (grib1+headings), they can be read by zygrib and many sources are already available. For that do a search in the forum to get URLs.
Bonne journée ou bonne soirée (vous pouvez choisir)
Have a nice day or good night (you can choose)
Guten Morgen oder gute Nacht (Sie können wählen)

DomH