meteograms(meteotable), performance

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
elier

meteograms(meteotable), performance

Post by elier » 08 May 2010 18:00

Thanks for keep improving zygrib, still becoming a very powerful tool for the weather prediction, but I would like to ask some features, like the posibility of saving meteotable, maybe as a picture or plaintext data and improving the performance of the windows version, because consume so many resources.

jza
Site Admin

Re: meteograms(meteotable), performance

Post by jza » 18 May 2010 22:35

Hi,
elier wrote:posibility of saving meteotable, maybe as a picture or plaintext data
Done in version 3.9.2
elier wrote:and improving the performance of the windows version, because consume so many resources.
It's not possible to add more and more features and to reduce the resources consumption.
Just a piece of advice: adjust the extend of the grib to the power of your computer, and don't load data not useful for you.
A+
Jacques

elier

Re: meteograms(meteotable), performance

Post by elier » 20 May 2010 13:24

ok, thanks for taking my suggestions into account, the meteotable data is so useful, and about the resources, you are right, that why I split the data into 2 or 3 grib files, but still having problems of performance, maybe is because I only have 512 Mb ;) and of course I use in windows XP instead of GNU/Linux at work