Plotting POI-Data via QWT-Window

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
polaris

Plotting POI-Data via QWT-Window

Post by polaris » 09 Dec 2010 12:52

Hello,

I find zyGrib a very useful and great application for mariners and other users. Great work, thanks.

Also, it got me back to by computer, as I was missing one thing. The meteotables are useful for a POI. However, to quickly analyse changes in one parameter (like wind, cloud cover, pressure etc.), it is useful to plot the data in a graph. An other functionality I have implemented is to plot the changing conditions between two marked POIs, while traveling along the direct path.
Instead of waiting that this issue will be caught up in a future release, I did some coding by myself.

The 1st picture shows the changing wind conditions while travling from one to another point on the map.
The 2nd picture below shows the plot of data at one point on the map.

I was wondering if the code can be included in the main branche of zygrib. So far, I have only tested it on my mac, OS 10.6.5.
I may provide diff files for zygrib-3.9.7.

Regards,
polaris
Attachments
zygrib_qwt_plot_two_point.jpg
plot of wind data for course between two points on the map
zygrib_qwt_plot_two_point.jpg (64.38 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
zygrib_qwt_plot_single_point.jpg
plot of wind data at a single point on the map
zygrib_qwt_plot_single_point.jpg (68.59 KiB) Viewed 7087 times

jza
Site Admin

Re: Plotting POI-Data via QWT-Window

Post by jza » 10 Dec 2010 09:07

Hi,
polaris wrote:Instead of waiting that this issue will be caught up in a future release, I did some coding by myself.
Very good idea ;)
I may provide diff files for zygrib-3.9.7.
Second very good idea ;) ;)
I will try to integrate your changes in the current dev version and create a release as soon as possible.
I send you an email.
Thanks a lot,
A+
Jacques