2D color options

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
olele

2D color options

Post by olele » 08 Jan 2011 19:39

Hello, i´ve been working with this wonderful software since one year ago. I think your are doing a huge work. Congratulations.

I suggest a few things:

The color contrast in the background isn´t enough. For instance, i´d like to see RH variable with 2 (maybe 3 ) color. One might be red for RH higher than 85% and the other color might be completly different (green) ( to get big contrast)(lower than 85%).

It would be great to set the range of each color, and the colors it self. Inside each color, this might be shown in a scaled way. This option might be available for most variable (RH, T,..)

i saw something like that in this web site. http://winweather.org/4panel1.jpg

sincerely

Olivier

elier

Re: 2D color options

Post by elier » 12 Jan 2011 02:07

Hello olele and every others users of zygrib:

I also use zygrib for the weather forecast in my country, and is very useful tool for me. Like you I have seen that colors of range and scale tend to confuse, I know that our friends from zygrib are already working on that.
A "trick" that I used in this cases, is disable the option Smooth colors in Data --> Options (Ctrl+F), and with that I can better define the ranges, but the map doesn´t look so cute :mrgreen: .
I hope that this help you for now.

Zygrib Team, thank you for keep working in this software