Integrating ZyGrib in weather websites

Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut.
Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can.

Moderator: jza

Forum rules
Image Ici on parle français ou anglais, comme on veut, comme on peut, mais on n'oublie jamais que l'on discute entre humains.
Il ne faut surtout pas oublier les mots magiques: bonjour, salut, merci, etc.
Les messages impolis sont rejetés et restent sans réponse.
Il faut souvent être patient, car il y a plein d'autres activités encore plus passionantes dans notre vie.

Image Here we speak french or english, as we want, as we can, but we never forget that we discuss between humans.
Do not forget the magic words: hello, hi, thank you, etc.
Rude messages are rejected and remain unanswered.
It is often necessary to be patient because there are many other activities even more exciting in our life.
messina

Integrating ZyGrib in weather websites

Post by messina » 12 Jun 2012 14:11

A very good application for weather anywhere in the world. Congratulations!

I propose some suggestions:

1) Develop a version that you can integrate your site with weather table that update automatically. Now, the weather data of a geographic point you can only save in the format "slk". The file "slk" can be opened with Open Office but it is difficult to convert them into HTML, PHP, XML. ZyGrib, in my opinion, a program can become more professional if it saves the data in html or xml, or to connect to a database to update the data.

2) My second suggestion is to add another parameter in the "weather table" some weather icons to display, for example: state of the sky. 8-)

Attached: an example of icons created with the editor: Inkscape.
Attachments
example.png

messina

Re: Integrating ZyGrib in weather websites

Post by messina » 22 Jun 2012 08:04

I haven't presented. I'm Italian and I love the weather. It seems strange that my idea did not appeal to anyone. I thought I could contribute for Zygrib. To expect an answer in a forum is not fair, however, not is fair not get a response.

jza
Site Admin

Post by jza » 29 Jun 2012 06:47

Hi Messina,

We are sorry, our large communication service had not seen the extreme urgency of your request. Of course, he should have immediately stop any other activity.

This topic has been discussed several times here. Te purpose of zyGrib is to display as precise as possible data, not to do the work instead of webmasters.
There are already numerous websites which provide data simplistic.

Don't worry, the situation is not desperate. zyGrib is free and opensource, so you can do what you want with it.
There is only one constraint: to respect the terms of the GPL license.
A+
Jacques

messina

Post by messina » 25 Jul 2012 13:47

Copyright and license, no problem, I respect them.
I am a new member, I could not know that there already was such a demand.

The program is nice. I do not know much about the programming language, instead I know well only language: that for internet scripting and web sites files .. (html, php, js, css)

;)